Corporations and Foundations
Corporate and Foundation Relations
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) secures funding from corporations and foundations to support the institutional priorities of Providence College. CFR manages the College’s philanthropic relationships with foundations and corporations. We collaborate with college faculty and administrators to:
- identify potential sources of support for all initiatives and projects;
- prepare and submit grant proposals, serving as a clearinghouse for all institutionally-focused proposals;
- facilitate efficient institutional processing of corporate and foundation proposals;
- assure timely narrative and financial stewardship reports for all institutional grants in conjunction with the Finance Office; and
- maintain contact with, and coordinate site visits for, potential and current funders.
For Faculty and Administrators
CFR works directly with faculty and administrators to obtain external support for institutional initiatives that go beyond faculty research. If you are interested in seeking private external funding for your work, we recommend an early conversation with us to identify potential prospects and discuss required proposal guidelines. CFR staff will then assist with:
a) proposal development;
b) oversight of the college’s approval process;
c) preparation of a letter of endorsement from the President or Provost;
d) submission of the proposal to the funder; and
e) preparation of all required stewardship reports.
We also encourage faculty to take advantage of the many internal funding opportunities administered by Academic Affairs.
The Corporate and Foundations Relations team works closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance (SPaRC) office because our common work promoting a culture of grant seeking at PC is complementary and occasionally overlaps. The SPaRC office works on faculty research grants; CFR supports grant proposals that have a broader, institutional scope.
To learn more about our policies and procedures, click here. Those interested in financial support for faculty research and/or pursuing grants from government agencies should contact the Office of Sponsored Research and Compliance .
For Corporate Partners
PC’s Corporate and Foundation Relations team will help you strengthen your brand recognition and demonstrate corporate responsibility by aligning your needs with Providence College’s resources in a mutually beneficial partnership.
At Providence College, we are committed to educating the future business leaders of tomorrow and have earned a national reputation for academic excellence and values-based leadership. We invite you to partner with us. Collaboration with the Providence College School of Business (PCSB) as a corporate partner offers your organization a unique opportunity to align itself with a world-class, AACSB-accredited institution and make a real impact on the lives of future business leaders.
Corporate partnerships are critical to helping PC advance its mission and meet its strategic priorities. From hiring PC graduates to engaging with students in the classroom, PC invites you to partner with the College by joining the St. Dominic Society Corporate Partner Program.
With annual participation in the program, your company can:
- interact with talented potential future employees;
- collaborate with faculty, staff, and students;
- offer deserving students the opportunity to say “yes” to a Providence College education;
- provide resources to attract and retain world-class faculty;
- create an exceptional place to learn, to live, and to grow by supporting innovative learning technologies and providing optimum spaces for studying and socializing throughout the campus.
- develop the innovators, employers, teachers, parents, entrepreneurs, and leaders of tomorrow.
A variety of investment opportunities are available based on your company’s interests. PC’s Corporate and Foundation Relations team will help you strengthen your brand recognition and demonstrate corporate responsibility by aligning your needs with Providence College’s resources in a mutually beneficial partnership. For more information on the St. Dominic Society Corporate Partner Program, please contact Kelly Harrop ’14 at 401.865.1428 or email@example.com
Molly Deschenes, director of corporate and foundation relations
401.865.2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Harrop ’14, assistant director of corporate and foundation relations
401.865.1428 or email@example.com
Nicole Garofalo, senior office assistant
401.865.2939 or firstname.lastname@example.org